[Quicklink: download new Windows Azure sample from http://bit.ly/bidnowsample]
On Mondays (17th May) in the 6 Weeks of Windows Azure training (Now full) Live Meeting call, Adrian showed BidNow as a sample application built for Windows Azure.
I was aware of BidNow but had not found the time to take a look at it nor seems it running before. Adrian convinced me it was worth some a further look.
- I like it 🙂
- It is more than Hello World, but still easy enough to follow.
- Bid Now is an online auction site designed to demonstrate how you can build highly scalable consumer applications using Windows Azure.
- It is built using Visual Studio 2008, Windows Azure and uses Windows Azure Storage.
- Auctions are processed using Windows Azure Queues and Worker Roles. Authentication is provided via Live Id.
- Bid Now works with the Express versions of Visual Studio and above.
- There are extensive setup instructions for local and cloud deployment
- UK based? Sign up to UK fans of Windows Azure on ning
- Check out the Microsoft UK Windows Azure Platform page for further links