This post on the Windows Azure blog caught my eye as a) it includes UK early adopter eTVMedia and b) its an interesting look at the wider picture of adopting Windows Azure – including coming up with the business strategy and transitioning a traditional company to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). It touches on:
- organizational structure: Looking at the trend to create new entities to pursue SaaS
- packaging and pricing: A SaaS app does not necessarily mean a move away from upfront billing
- changing from within: A interesting example of DMTI Spatial completely changing its model with a plan to retire the existing non-SaaS version within 2 years.
- check out case studies on these companies covered in the post: VRX Studios, runtime, DMTI Spatial.
- Attend a FREE workshop September 12th
- Sign up to Microsoft Platform Ready for assistance on the Windows Azure Platform