Whist reading through Architecture of Tankster– Scale (Part 2) I noted that Nathan had looked at some of the performance and size limitations of the Windows Azure Platform and how they would impact the architecture of the solution. I have previously pointed at this post by the team from May 2010 which digs into Azure Storage in detail and includes details on limits etc.
In Nathans case he needed to work within the following:
A single Windows Azure storage account has the following scalability targets:
- Storage Capacity: Up to 100 TBs
- Transactions: Up to 5,000 entities/messages/blobs per second
- Bandwidth: Up to 3 gigabits per second
A single Windows Azure queue:
- Bandwidth: Up to 500 messages per second
A single blob:
- Bandwidth: Up to 60 megabytes per second.
- Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games v1.0
- Sign up to Microsoft Platform Ready for assistance on the Windows Azure Platform