I have a few meetings coming up discussing porting Windows Phone applications to Windows 8.
The good news is both platforms use:
However… the devil is in the detail 🙂
Take a look at these tasters:
- MSDN Documentation Porting Silverlight or WPF XAML/code to a Metro style app
- Maximizing Code Reuse Across Windows 8 and Windows Phone Apps by Alnur Ismail (August 2012)
- Telerik case study moving from Phone to Windows 8 (May 2012)
- Designing a Windows 8 Metro style app starting from an existing Windows Phone app – Design Case Study Part 1
- How to design a Windows 8 Metro style app starting from an existing Windows Phone app – Part 2
- Windows Phone to Windows 8 by Jared Bienz (April 2012)
I will add anything else I find. Happy porting!