The enemy of my enemy is apparently my friend (I have little to prove that) and the boss of my boss is … Anand Krishnan. Intelligent, handsome, clever and … did I mention he is the boss of my boss 🙂
Anand was recently interviewed about Windows 8 on thenextweb.com.
Anand did a great job of explaining the opportunity Windows 8 presents to application developers. Highlights:
- Market size
- “Windows users worldwide …is north of 1.2bn”
- “600m people are running Windows 7 – every one of those machines can run Windows 8 … for £24.99 ”
- “This (the changes Windows 8 brings) creates the largest application marketplace opportunity to date in terms of addressable users, reach and monetization per application”
- Developer Ecosystem
- “We like to think it’s the most developer-friendly platform out there”
- “Most of the industry has a 70%/30% split, which is what we offer,” explains Krishnan. “But once you hit $25,000, this shifts to an 80%/20% split. With in-app purchasing, if you use your own back-end – which you’re allowed to do – you keep 100% of the proceeds.”
And …. if you are running Windows 8, why not install The Next Web for Windows 8.