On Friday David and I delivered a new session as part of a great agenda for the BizSpark Azure Camp. Our session was “10 Great Questions to ask about the Windows Azure Platform”.
A big thank you to everyone who attended and asked such great questions – and also to the other speakers for making it a great day.
One of the things we discussed was “next steps”. I would recommend the monthly Windows Azure Discovery Workshops if you are new to the platform and would like to explore the possibilities whilst getting a more detailed grounding in the technology. They take place in Reading, are completely FREE and the next is on October the 11th. Hope to see some of you there.
- Eric Nelson http://www.ericnelson.co.uk
- David Gristwood http://blogs.msdn.com/david_gristwood
- Get better connected with our team http://bit.ly/ukisvfirststop (Blog/Twitter/LinkedIn/FREE Events)
- 2b Will it run Foo?
- 3 How Big.
- 150,000 Tickets in 10 seconds. Flavorus Case Study
- 3 Soft Limits. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/support/ to ask for soft limits to change
- 5 SQL Server vs SQL Azure.
- A great place to start – technet wiki on SQL Azure
- SQL Azure Throttling
- More on SQL Azure Throttling
- 6 How fast is it
- 7 Autoscaling
- Azure Watch from Paraleap
- Enterprise Library autoscaling block and the release of the preview in Sep.
- 8 How secure is it
- Security resources for Azure including Windows Azure Security Overview and Windows Azure Security Notes
- 9 How much will it cost http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/pricing-calculator/
- Sign up to Microsoft Platform Ready for assistance on the Windows Azure Platform